Project Completed with LIXIL Corporation
In May and June, ETA provided the following research and consulting services to LIXIL Corporation, the largest housing and building materials company in Japan.
- Research on Kenyan wastewater discharge regulations and water resources for Nairobi County.
- Investigations about and interviews with clean water suppliers and human waste collection service providers in Nairobi City County.
- Facilitating meetings between the client and senior officials of Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources, and National Environment Management Authority.
Environmental Life Technology Awards ETA a Second Contract
In May, ETA was assigned by Environmental Life Technology Limited for the second time to provide desk and field research about a feasibility study on battery restoration business in Kenya. ETA’s tasks were not limited to, but included the following:
- Conducting interviews and socioeconomic research about several markets in Machakos County to assist the client in developing a business model.
- Identifying and introducing local business partners in Machakos County to the client.
- Supporting the client to develop indicators that measure development impacts of the project.
- Finding locally available components of client’s products and mapping shops for procurement of those parts.
Wellthy Corporation Awards ETA a Contract
In May, ETA was awarded a contract by Wellthy Corporation for a water purification project in Kiambu County, Kenya. This project is financed by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Japan. ETA’s major tasks are summarized below:
- Negotiating with officials of local governments and water service providers.
- Identifying skillful or reasonable domestic companies and supporting the client in meetings with those potential subcontractors.
- Facilitating and managing various field work, e.g. onsite water sampling and interviews with residents in the project area.