ETA and its Managing Director Featured on JICA’s Website
ETA’s business in Africa and the career path of ETA’s Managing Director were published on the website of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). This publication (available in Japanese only) illustrates ETA’s core business operation for waste management and energy as well as the operations of one of its partner companies, the Rwanda-based waste management company, COPED Ltd.
ETA Participates in a Danish-supported Conference “Green Growth in Kenya”
ETA took part in a Danish government supported conference – “Green Growth in Kenya” – on 31 January 2011 in Nairobi, Kenya. ETA presented its core business, which is to carry out marketing, conduct technology assessments, and implement waste and energy management solutions (including the installation of waste incinerators, waste processing machines, heat recovery systems, and energy-saving low technology equipment). These will be key tools for development of the East African economy in an environmentally conscientious, commercially viable, and sustainable manner. The objective of the workshop was to reach a common understanding on Green Growth; to identify major opportunities and obstacles; and to recommend private sector activities that will result in Green Growth and secure Kenya’s future. Learn more>>
ETA Internal Updates
- Wendy Jackson, Senior Officer of the New Zealand CITES Management Authority became ETA’s advisor for Innovative Environmental and Social Services.
- Daniel Malonza, Environmental Health Manager of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, USA, became an advisor on Environmental Consultancy Services.
- Sandra Velarde, consultant on carbon measurement and monitoring and climate change, took an advisory position on Environmental Consultancy Services.
- Tarek Genena, President of EcoConServ, joined ETA as advisor on Environmental Consultancy Services.
- Paulin Buregeya, Chief Executive Officer of COPED Ltd., is now ETA’s advisor for Project Implementation & Implementation Support Services.
- Allison Kasozi, expert on waste management, renewable energy, and process engineering, joined ETA’s advisory group as advisor for Project Implementation & Implementation Support Services.
- Karen Basiye, Environment Policy and Compliance Manager of Safaricom Ltd. became ETA’s Business Strategy Advisor.
- Hideyuki Sugawara, Professor of International Business at the Graduate School of Business Administration, Hokkai-Gakuen University, Japan, is now ETA’s advisor for Innovative Environmental and Social Services.
- Matthew Woods, Operations Director of Carbon Africa Ltd., joined ETA as Business Strategy Advisor.